About Sub-Surface Technologies
Sub-Surface Technologies (SST) is a civil construction and residential construction material supplier in the United Kingdom. SST was founded in 2004 by three partners who collectively have over 60 years of experience in helical piling. SST is the exclusive importer of CHANCE® Helical Piling Systems, including the patented CHANCE® Helical Pulldown™ Micropile for the Civil Construction market.
Sub-Surface Technologies is a British company with warehousing facilities located in the UK. SST stocks the most commonly used items and operates an extremely efficient supply chain for all other items.
SST provides technical support and back up.
Sub-Surface Technologies primarily distributes:
- CHANCE® Helical Pulldown™ Micropiles
- CHANCE® Square Shaft and Round Shaft Helical Piles and accessories
- CHANCE® Helical Tiebacks & Soil Screws
CHANCE® products may only be installed by licensed and certified installers. Companies interested in being certified are invited to contact SST. Please click on the relevant field above to see a list of currently licensed installers.
CHANCE® Piling Systems
The CHANCE® Piling System is perfect for a wide range of commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential applications, including new and remedial home construction, new and remedial commercial structures, soil retention, communication towers, railways and highway construction.
The Chance Helical Piling System has more agency approvals than any other piling system and is the most documented and tested system in existence as CHANCE have been developing this since 1912.
Approvals Specific to the UK
- LABC – A member organization representing local authority building control in England and Wales. They promote the design and construction of safe, accessible, environmentally efficient buildings that comply with the Building Regulations.
- NHBC – The standard setting body and leading warranty and insurance provider for new and newly converted homes in the UK (accepted by the NHBC).
- SCI – An established quality mark that is awarded to testify that manufacturers’ technical data has been independently verified by SCI.